HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Facebook
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
May 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
May 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
September 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
September 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
July 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
June 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
June 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
April 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
November 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin
 
EmmaMetal
 
DutchDarknessWithin
 
serbocop666
 
Masuramea
 
MacyMetal
 
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
 
TheTNTee
 
segtuvs
 
Militaizi
 

Share | 
 

 Impressions of Metal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
avatar

Posts : 388
Points : 571
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Impressions of Metal    October 15th 2010, 00:39

I was writing a post a couple of minutes ago when this first came to me...

Have you ever noticed that whenever someone says the word "metal" referring to the genre, people connect it with "screaming" immediately. This is really starting to get on my nerves. e.g.
What happened when a guy (metal fan) wants to pick up a chick and they start talking about music...the girl asks him what he is into and without holding back says metal...

This is what happens in the chick's, or anyone's head when people mention metal.
1st metal = screaming and violence
2st metal = death and blood
3rd metal = crazy people / hardcore

...you get the picture

The cause of this is no brain - no thought - and stupid fucking hardcore bands - along with dickheads like marlyn manson
I don't care what anyone says to my next comments on the above - unless you agree with me, I don't care because this is how it is and will always be.

First off all, people who listen to metal are clinically proven to be more intelligent than those who do not - the reason behind this is that metal give us a sense of power, the music moves us more than any other genre, it unites us like and army, when we unite; we adrenaline pumping through us, we feel victory, we see victory, we feel like gods , it makes us greater than any other group on the planet, we, the metal heads are truly unique, and mark my words...

METAL FINDS US, WE DO NOT FIND METAL, it is like love

Why are there more fans of techno and rnb and hip hop than metal?...one simple answer, People are sheep.
The followers, of followers find techno ( I will use techno to substitute , rnb, hip hop, rap etc ), techno does not find them like metal finds metal heads....you know why?..because these sheep obviously followed their friends who have and not taste for music,...they just go by what is "cool". I am not saying that everyone on this plant should listen to metal, my point is that people are afraid of the unknown, and by being afraid - afraid of freedom, truth, evil, death, and a just complete pussies who pop pills at festivals - and by being afraid, people/sheep result to consulting their friends, they look up to their friends, they have no tastes, no faith in themselves, or confidence, self-esteem, courage....they have PUSSY written on their foreheads.
I have seen a growing number in people who listen to metal at my school, even though they are catholic ( I am not), they still have started listening to it...you know why? Because one person, me, came to that school, made some friends, who looked up to me, were and still are very jealous of me, but yet they have started to listen to the same music as I do...next came their friends who looked back at them for the tastes or "coolness" they did not have....See who is comes to be, people are sheep...
Remember this, people who did not start listening to metal from the very beginning will never be true metal heads...I do praise you for your conversion, but in my eyes, you are not one of us.
Now back to the main point, why is metal judged like this...

The main thing that triggered this argument was hardcore bands...they are not metal, they are not a sub genre, they are just another form of crap just like techno...it is crap because people are running out of ideas, people are stupid, people have not talent....if you believe this is not the case, please name one hardcore - death core band of 2010, that you see that will excel just like Metallica, iron maiden, Judas priest, the rolling stones, black Sabbath...they will all probably die like the rest of those stupid garage bands that died from drugs.

MARALYN MANSON ----- " = metal" hahaha what a fucking joke...people think this poser is metal,..and yet he is a freak that even you would not expect to see at a circus,...
Media is the main reason why people judge metal and promote the events which were "influenced by maralyn manson".....some dumb ass runs into a school and kills 20 people, then kills himself...and yet the media refer to his genre of music as metal hahaha --- you see why now, people are too easily influenced ,...that why when I say to people I like metal, they say "metal" out load with a suppressed/disbelief tone, and they start to imitate "screaming" that you "would hear at a metal concert"..this I s when I explode inside and want to kill that person, no matter who they are,

These people will never understand - because they cannot think...they are sheep and are too easily influenced...

What do we do? What can we do?

Do we just kill those fuckers or what? because we have Viking spirit in us, and I bet my life that any of us could just any moment unleash the berserker rage (if you are a true metal head) and kill anyone...not because of "maralyn manson" but because people who believe the fucking media are so stupid...and judge us for what we love...

Just imagin, if someone were to come up to you and say, "fuck you and your precious metal"...what would you do? Personally, if no one was arround, i would belt that fucker untill he begged for mercy...better more if we were at a metal festival, omg, he would get killed, just like that arab dude in the taxi, in Crank I, the movie, when Jason Statham kicks him out and yells "Alkaida"..people jump on him...

Please can you all tell me what we can do to stop this from happening..
Thank you

bang May metal be with you forever! bang
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Masuramea
Viking
Viking


Posts : 239
Points : 364
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 31
Location : *points* there

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 15th 2010, 00:53

Long post man, should have taken you a long time so you definatly mean it.

I Agree with the notion that people think of the craziest things when you say that you're into metal.

Used to care a great deal about non-metal/wannabe-metal, until i just realized that if its crap; its not gonna survive anyway.
I still shiver slightly by the name marilyn manson simply because he's supposed to be all that but when you listen to it, it might aswell be an anomaly of my intestent.

However, anyone up for disabling the MTV broadcasting station?
(how i'll let you decide Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
avatar

Posts : 604
Points : 782
Join date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 15th 2010, 06:25

Wow, dude that one excellent post. Very philosophic!

Well, that's a pretty special topic. And my opinion will probably be different from yours in few points but overall I totally agree. For me tolerance is probably one of the most important things that people should include in their character. For me it's very primitive to claim other music genres than metal to be lower or worse than metal. It's just everything a matter of taste. My opinion is that every music genre has it's right to exists, even if it's hip hop. 'cause if it only made one life better it was worth it I guess. Music is very important for people and I guess it has ever been so before....this topic just goes too deep to cover it completely but I hope you got what my philosopy 'bout that is. Tolerance is very important. If we start dumb discussions like: "Everybody should listen to metal 'cause it's the best music" or "let's kill everyone that's not into metal" we become pretty much as primitive as the Religions on the world...probably every religion thinks that itself is the real and only true one and every one that's not into is wrong, stupid and bad. And be hones: We do not have to go on the same low level as these guys. As you probably noticed, I'm not a fan of religions, but I tolerant each and every religion...because it's everyone's own desicion what he want's to believe and some people really enjoy being religious, it really helps them in difficult situations, and that's why everyone should be tolerant: Let everyone think and believe what they want. 'Cause that means that everyone is can make he's own desicions.
I hope you get what I wanted to say. Maybe I got a little bit offtopic, but tolerance is really a thing that people somehow lost I guess. And I really see this problem inside the metal scene. Considering all the flaming on Youtube or even on Festivals like...everyone hates Metalcore and stuff like that...I mean, nobody cares if you like it. You either like or you don't but if you don't like it, just don't listen to it and everything is ok. But yeah that's a completely different topic I guess.

Well I don't really think that if you say that you listen to metal, people will have a negative picture of you. That's really not what I observed and experienced in my life. It's even the other way around, some people could really be impressed and thing that you are a tough guy.
Actually it's really common that everyone assosiates Metal with Screaming ( I mostly hear people say: " To me that's just noise") Well yeah...but somehow these guys are right. I mean let's say 80% of metal really is screaming, shouting and growling and this singing technic is just strange to people that are not into it. I mean, there are only a few that relly grew up with listening to metal and I mean like someone beeing 1 year old to 10 years or so. So everyone is first used to listen to soft music with very clear singing and stuff like that, so it's just completely normal that people that are not into screaming are somehow pushed away by it. But to me, that's what makes metal what it is. If it would be just like every other music genre it wouldn't be that important or special it is nowadays you know. I guess exactly these attributes, that it sounds different from everything else is what makes metal interesting. That's somehow the meaning of Metal: Being different.
So it shouldn't be our goal to make all people listening to metal, 'cause that way it wouldn't be that special and different it is today. It would somehow loose it's magic I guess.
So all in all it's good the way it is. It's important to got enough respect and tolerance for everything and everybody non-metal, 'cause that way you'll earn a lot of respect from other non-metal people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
avatar

Posts : 388
Points : 571
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 15th 2010, 06:40

I have to agree with you, but to what degree can we tolerate?

I should have gone in more depth about the genre argument...which is that metal is losing track....i mean deathcore, hardcore...that is just discussing, if you listen to that, you must be really fucked up..

i guess that people look at us metal heads as i do look at deathcore and hardcore...for me that is no music...

And regarding what you said about the screaming...80% to be screaming, growling..are you serious? A true metal band has a true metal singer...For example, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Ronnie James Dio (RIP)...is this talent? is this noise? or is this real fucking heavy metal?

what i dont like, is that hardcore and deathcore is being categorized under the metal genre...those bands should have their own genre called "fucked up"...There's nothing that i hate more than some hardcore guy saying to me what a pussy i am for listing to judas priest or metallica....i mean get fucking real...then he says, listen to this, and gives me arch enemy... Question metal is getting too overexagerated, death metal is heavy enough, anything heavier is just a psychological put down, makes me want to throw up and kill myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
avatar

Posts : 604
Points : 782
Join date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 15th 2010, 06:55

Well...
I think we all now know that you are not into hardcore or deathcore...well that's really fine.
But as I mentioned before, that should really not be your problem. If you don't like it...just ignore it...let people like if they want, that's really not your problem.
Well, I'm not into deathcore and not that much into hardcore but to claim it as noise you somehow really go on the same level as the guys who claim metal to be noise. As i said before (that's the same point) If you are not into deathcore it sounds like noise, but some guys really are and they really love it and dude, whats that bad about it? Nobody forces you to listen to it. Listen to the metal subgenres you're into and just ignore the other ones...it's really not something that should bother you.
And I really wouldn't ever claim something to be "no music", that's really the same low level that metal haters have. The only fact that is true about it is that you do not like it. But the fact that you do not like it is really NO reason to claim anything to be "no music". 'Cause music is subjective. I mean...there are tons of bands that I do not like, but it would be ignorant to say that these guys are "bad" or "no music" just only 'cause I do not like it. 'Cause these guys are probably really good musicians and very talented they just got a different taste of music and that's good as it is.
That's why I'm really pissed when someone says that a band is bad when he doesn't like them. That's pure ignorance...it's not bad...it's just not that his taste, and that's completely ok if he doesn't like it. But though he should respect other kinds of music that he doesn't like.
If I do not like a certain Band or type of Music, I never say:"that's bad" or "this sucks"...I just say: " That's not my cup of tea" or "It's just not my taste". 'Cause that is what everyone should do, realizing that music is subjective and not liking it does not make something being bad. And with that important word I will finish my Post: Respect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
Militaizi
Warrior
Warrior
avatar

Posts : 111
Points : 154
Join date : 2010-09-02
Age : 23
Location : Teuva, Western Finland.

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 15th 2010, 09:38

serbocop666 wrote:
Remember this, people who did not start listening to metal from the very beginning will never be true metal heads...I do praise you for your conversion, but in my eyes, you are not one of us.

That is one thing that I must agree. All metal listeners that have listened even little more "metallic" music started with metal or rock, but I still know exactly what you think.. I know some people that listen to Pop, rock, maybe little techno and metal, what if they started with metal? are they true metalheads or just a part of that "rubbish" community they have?

serbocop666 wrote:
The main thing that triggered this argument was hardcore bands...they are not metal, they are not a sub genre, they are just another form of crap just like techno...it is crap because people are running out of ideas, people are stupid, people have not talent....if you believe this is not the case, please name one hardcore - death core band of 2010, that you see that will excel just like Metallica, iron maiden, Judas priest, the rolling stones, black Sabbath...they will all probably die like the rest of those stupid garage bands that died from drugs.

Hmm... Do you mean with hardcore all subgenres with screaming? I must admit if you think so you can't be a metalist but you are very close minded heavy and classic metal fan.

serbocop666 wrote:
And regarding what you said about the screaming...80% to be screaming, growling..are you serious? A true metal band has a true metal singer...For example, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Ronnie James Dio (RIP)...is this talent? is this noise? or is this real fucking heavy metal?

You are not fair in that question. Of course they are more "famous" kinda, because they are like 20 years older bands than these newer metal bands. And yes, I do listen to both singing and "growling". I just love Man-O-War, Judas Priest, Dream Evil but In other hand bands like Whispered, Insomnium, Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Solution .45, Scar Symmetry, Korpiklaani, Kalmah, Noumena, Kiuas, MYgrain, Finntroll, solerrain, Fractal gates, In Flames, Adema and verjnuarmu are not any worse opinion to listen to, you know why? I can explain to you: It's simple as this your people/sheep theory. I listen to these bands because I like them all, even if I would listen to Hammerfall first thing I wouldn't be doing is bashing other people's opinions and flaming all other than just the gategory of music I like.

I give you a example of this sheep thing and show where it fails. We ain't really no sheeps, very few in finland listen to Rap so are they then the "real" music listeners? Guess not.. In your or mine opinion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Masuramea
Viking
Viking


Posts : 239
Points : 364
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 31
Location : *points* there

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 15th 2010, 10:50

Quote :
Remember this, people who did not start listening to metal from the very beginning will never be true metal heads...I do praise you for your conversion, but in my eyes, you are not one of us.

This is a hard point, what is "from the very beginning?".
Is that at the age of 5, or is from the beginning a nice synonym for "came to metal on his own?"

Quote :
For me tolerance is probably one of the most important things that people should include in their character

Thats very true, although i cann't believe anybody here didn't get annoyed with a song on the radio and bashed it, either mentally or to a collegue / friends etc.

Quote :
Actually it's really common that everyone assosiates Metal with Screaming ( I mostly hear people say: " To me that's just noise") Well yeah...but somehow these guys are right. I mean let's say 80% of metal really is screaming, shouting and growling and this singing technic is just strange to people that are not into it.

A lot of it is, but a lot of it isn't.
From dio indeed, to sonata, to balance of power to vision divine etc.
It certainly is a good part of metal, but clear voices are just as common in metal.

But yeah, its not strange that its coming from since thats the picture depicted from listening to metal.
It just annoys me sometimes when ppl do say that metal is all noise, since "they" apparantly don't hear what i hear.
Thats all fine, can take the jokes but cann't take it when other people seriously tell me in the face that metal isn't music.

I can honestly say that metal is the red line through my life, and i can see all the points made.

Respect eachothers opinion as long as they respect yours.

\../ Metal on everyone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
avatar

Posts : 604
Points : 782
Join date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 15th 2010, 12:20

Quote :
Respect eachothers opinion as long as they respect yours.


True word dude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
avatar

Posts : 388
Points : 571
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 16th 2010, 01:40

Militaizi wrote:
Hmm... Do you mean with hardcore all subgenres with screaming? I must admit if you think so you can't be a metalist but you are very close minded heavy and classic metal fan.

ok, well my main point is, hardcore being generalized as metal? so should hardcore be regarded as a new genre all together. I am very into some bands that do scream, like equilibrium, ensiferum, trivium. but that's the border...any heavier, i just puke. So regarding hardcore, i mean hardcore the genre altogether, not sub-genres that include screaming.

Admin wrote:
I think we all now know that you are not into hardcore or deathcore...well that's really fine.
But as I mentioned before, that should really not be your problem. If you don't like it...just ignore it...let people like if they want, that's really not your problem.

The main reason i am not into it, is because i do not regard it as metal,...just as i do not regard techno to be music. Music requires instruments, not half grade teens who know how to use a computer and mix some tracks together...that is not talent.

Just as i stated above, metal is being generalized as a hardcore genre,..when people see the now days hardcore bands, or hear their songs, they are shocked and are completely detached from even the thought of liking metal, or metal being good. I understand what you are saying, but can we really afford to have these bands end metal all together....New bands arise, those bands are influenced by hardcore bands, in the end we just have sick people listening to sick music....and heavy metal dies...one other thing....i dont see a "metal" before "deathcore" or "hardcore"....metal core, ok, but the rest...?

Militaizi wrote:
I give you a example of this sheep thing and show where it fails. We ain't really no sheeps, very few in finland listen to Rap so are they then the "real" music listeners? Guess not.. In your or mine opinion!

I am in Australia, and that is how it is at my school. I wasn't saying you are sheep, i am talking about those people who have no taste for music, rather they look at their friends, and listen to what they do, just to fit in...this is where the term poser comes into play, and are they real metalheads?

Masuramea wrote:
This is a hard point, what is "from the very beginning?".
Is that at the age of 5, or is from the beginning a nice synonym for "came to metal on his own?"

From the beginning, is from the time you first started listening to metal. In this case, metal should have been your first genre of music. I first heard "one" by metallica. then i got into Judas priest, at the age of 10.

Masuramea wrote:
It just annoys me sometimes when ppl do say that metal is all noise, since "they" apparantly don't hear what i hear.
Thats all fine, can take the jokes but cann't take it when other people seriously tell me in the face that metal isn't music.

I guess this is kind i what i say to people who listen to techno, and all that other bull shit....One criteria to determine this.

Those that music include real instruments, with real musicians? After all, music did start with real instruments. Using a computer and a mixing table, requires no skill at all, just knowledge and experience, where as, playing a guitar requires all three. Is the DJ creating that music or is the computer? Why cant the DJ make his/hers own music from scratch?

-----------------

Just remember guys, in this thread i am talking about how others view metal. We all love metal...I don't care what others like, but i only respect their opinion if they have a good argument stating why they don't like metal...

This all started when my friend, my best friend, told me that Rammstein are shit, and said, how can you listen to metal?, i was about to jump though the computer screen and strangle him. Why cannot people understand that music is a passion, if you are really into a genre, you would know quite a lot about it, not just listen to it, like sheep do, and have no real connection to it at all.

Second thing that triggered this was, a week ago at my Saturday school, we were practicing for our oral exam, and part of it is to talk about personal stuff. So one of my classmates (female) was asked by the teacher, "what kind of music do you like", and she answered with "I like everything except for metal"....i dont know why she said that, to piss me off, or to provoke me, or because she is a dumb bitch who is "baaah" and listen's to techno, and who has no real connection to music at all. Just imagine how she sees metal, and what she thinks of metalheads.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
avatar

Posts : 604
Points : 782
Join date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 16th 2010, 13:17

Alright...
well I really don't see the Hardcore thing as a Problem. First of all Hardcore is NOT a Metal-Subgenre, Hardcore (or to use the correct expression "Hardcore Punk") is an extreme Form derived from Punk. It has nothing to do with metal and will never have anything to do with Metal. At some points it can sound like metal . And for people that are not into metal everything sounds the same anyway, you know. They just laugh when you say how many metal subgenres exist 'cause everything sounds the same in their ears, so it really does no matter if it's metalcore, thrash metal, symphonic metal or what ever, in the beginning they can not categorize the stuff at all. And I really don't think that people first hear hardcore stuff or deathcore stuff. Here in europe the hardcore and deathcore scene is veeeeeeery small and very less bands are known. So the probability that someone hears a hardcore song first is veeery small.
Well I really don't like that "border thing" it's just very subjective. And even your taste changes. I mean my taste really changed, I really got into brutal stuff like death metal and all that stuff. It's really not worth talking about what crosses the border. 'cause that border exists in your head. Each and everyone got his own border. The border of most people probably considers metal as "crosses the border". It's just your taste, listen to the bands you like....and let others listen to the stuff they like, even it is too brutal for you. That's not a problem. It's not that one thing is better than the other, it's just different. And a matter of taste, you know. By the way: I do like some metalcore but I do not like deatcore and I do not like hardcore. But I do not say that it crosses a border. I just do not like it. So I don't listen to it. And just for your information: Deathcore is a subgenre of Metal (as far as I know, and as far my ears are right to categorize it), but as I said before Hardcore is NOT Metal (and I do not mean that as my opinion, it's a fact 'cause it actually is extreme punk).

By the way, I didn't really get what you wanted to say. But I think you said that one has to get into metal very early to be true. That's just rubbish, sorry mate. You wanna hear my story? Well I got into metal very late. I was 17 when I really got into the scene. Well i listened to the mainstream metal before but I do not consider this as Metal and most of all Punk stuff. Does that make me an untrue metal head. Hell no. My heart belongs to metal 120%, it's the most important thing in life. I know A LOT 'bout the scene, I know everything about metal, I know it's history, I can categorize nearly every song...I'm just a full blood metal head. Even though I got into it pretty late. So if you really said that you have to listen to metal when you are really young, that's really not true, I'm the perfect counter example.
Hell, I'm working my ass off to support newcomer bands, the future of our scene. Would a poser do that? I really don't think so Smile


By the way, just to comment the thing with that girl that said: Everything but not metal. She really probably just wanted to make you upset. But to be honest: Who cares what anybody else thinks? Be proud that you feel the magic of metal....let the girl listen to 50-cent...it's really not your problem.
You have to learn it is not your problem what everybody else thinks...I can really recommend you my favorite quote by Bob Kelso of Scrubs: " Who the hell cares what anybody else thinks? Just look into your heart and do whatever the hell makes you happy".
A friend of yours does not like Rammstein? Well ok, who cares if he does? Let him like what he wants to like, that's not your problem. It does not make the band being worse...
I hope you get what i mean Smile

Have you ever watched the film " Metal, a headbangers journey" ? It's ending really brings this whole topic to a few sentece. You really got to check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

Here:
If you got some time, check the whole 4 minutes out, it's totally worth it. ( I can recommend the whole movie).
The very ending totally answers the whole topic we're talking about!




cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
Masuramea
Viking
Viking


Posts : 239
Points : 364
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 31
Location : *points* there

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 16th 2010, 14:07

Admin wrote:


cheers

Still have to see that movie, and yeah it kinda sums up everything discussed in the topic.
But then again, its quite nice to read these kinda topics and see people's views and motivation on why they believe what they believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krummmetaler
Wannabe-Poser
Wannabe-Poser


Posts : 15
Points : 20
Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 16th 2010, 15:58

Hm, this is a really important topic to me, because it touches the subjective and personal opinions of people. Because most of the arguments I wanted to bring were already said by, well, Admin (it feels odd to refer to you by this name ^^) (my points were mostly letting people have their own opinion and taste in music and thinking that it's pretty much not true that anyone who didn't listen to metal from the beginning is no true metaler), I'm just going to answer your two questions in you first post from my point of view:

What do we do?
I, personally, do not care about this. All I need is, that other people accept me like I do accept them and not trying to make me change my mind (I really don't like that). Also, I appreciate it when they're not listening to their music with loud cellphones with no real reason. We have a lot of that here in germany.

What can we do?
Well. Not too much about people listening to 'no music' as you call them (and I don't mean to say this in a dismissive tone, sorry), reagarding the point that they have their own opinion. What can we do about the fact that metal is being generalized as screaming and 'noise' by people around us? I guess you can just show them it's hardly so, if they are open to it, and if not, you can clearly see it doesn't make sense to try so. Maybe you could show them a few slow and calm songs, so they see metal has it's melodic and soft moments, though. It worked for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
avatar

Posts : 388
Points : 571
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 16th 2010, 22:39

just so everyone know, i value all your opinions, but it looks like we are still going in circles, or maybe just i am...

So we have come to the conclusion that everyone can listen to what they want...just one thing, is that everyone should value what other people like.

If music is my passion, i want my friends to respect that,...but they cannot...i only express my true feelings about their "music" on this forum, because i know they wont come on here, and i know that you guys will support me more in "the fight" against good and evil than my friends.

Kudos to the master (admin), for posting that video, i have seen this documentary and it is fucking awesome!...i suggest you watch it. Having seen that, i can agree that the rest of the world is missing out on the good stuff, fuck them, fuck anyone who doesn't like metal, or rock, or classic, ....fuck anyone that does like any music that does not involve REAL instruments.

And yes, after all we are outsiders, we are not afraid of the unknown like the general public, we don't give a shit about anything, we live life as it is, we have fun, and we live life to the fullest, and that's how it should be. No one should be telling us what to listen to, and everyone should respect everyone's taste and opinions, no mater how bad they are Smile.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
avatar

Posts : 604
Points : 782
Join date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 17th 2010, 06:06

That's an awesome conclusion, dude!




(btw. I don't mind if you call me admin, but for those of you who prefer real names just call me Matt, 'cause that's my real name ;-) )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
avatar

Posts : 388
Points : 571
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 17th 2010, 23:49

Thanks bro!

Would have been better if this topic lasted longer so that the other members could have a chance to post,...maybe we start it again another time hahahha just joking.

(btw.thats a bit off topic "Matt",..im going to have to move your post into the spam section Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
avatar

Posts : 604
Points : 782
Join date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 19th 2010, 09:29

Well the topic is not closed or stuff like that.
The others are gladly invited to post their opinions on that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
avatar

Posts : 388
Points : 571
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    October 19th 2010, 16:36

what i meant was that we came to a conclusion already, so what are we going to do when the others join us? I guess just comment back onto what they think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machine
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
avatar

Posts : 69
Points : 163
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    November 3rd 2010, 03:27

Although I didn't read the whole thread i beleive I understood most of it. I will make one comment. I think it was Matt that said "your tastes change". I am considerably older that you guys, and I have to tell you, what I was listening to when I was your age doesn't seem very heavy compared to almost anything. I DID NOT like Venom or Celtic Frost and I remember thinking at the time 'How could anything get heavier than this!?!?'. Well they did. Bands got faster & heavier. For a long time if there was no pitch/melody to the vocals I wouldn't listen to it. But eventually (to make this a short story) I did start listening to bands that yell scream and growl. There are still bands I dislike. Cradle of Filth comes to mind. But I dislike it because I don't like the music, not because of anything else. Being a musician I can tell they are very talented, I just don't like it. Who knows maybe thier music will grow on me, and in time, I could like them. but for now ... no. Anyway I do like alot of bands now, that I never would liked before. And my taste will change again I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.softboxmetal.com
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
avatar

Posts : 388
Points : 571
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    November 4th 2010, 03:49

I respect what you say, and that is a fair comment. Taste does change, but not much. You dont start listening to metal, and 4 years later rap, its doesn't work like that. If you are that kind of person, i believe you are very insecure, immature, and you are not sure with yourself. In other words, you changed because of your friends. There is no way in the word i could persuade myself to change to rap, techno, or any other stupid social lower class music. IMPOSSIBLE! But to change from sub-genre to sub-genre it totaly cool. I mean, i started liking viking/folk about 6 months back, and before that i was listening to Metallica, Lordi, Rammstein. I still listen to those bands except for Lordi, which are a one hit wonder band to me, nothing special, talented, but posers, no disrespect, well done on winning Euro vision, but which fagget metal band wins Euro Vision? Really, for the general public to like a metal band hahahaah, just another glam band which are to be different, but they over exaggerated too much.

I got into metal when i was 10, as i said to a mate the other day, who chuckled and replied with "hahah you must have been a fucked up 10 year old" - joking ( but i did not take it seriously, even though now i am beginning to think of it, and want to go back to him and tell to to go fuck him self 1million times until his ass hole is the size of an asteroid crater.

When i got into metal, it was Metallica first (one) - funny story, my father gave me a CD with "HM music" written on the front, which he burned for me. I listened to so many good songs, and yet i did not know that i was listening to the ever legendary song by metallica - One. I really got into it when i first received my first CD player (walkman) for winning a 4 gold medals at a state championships, now i come and think of it, i should have asked for a mp3 player - must have been expensive then, so who cares, i have one now Smile - and if i lose or misplace it again, ill cry.

when recieving my new CD player, Judas Priest was next, with 'One shot at glory' being my favorite song - then got into punk (greenday - blink 182) but not for long, got back to metal.

My point is that jumping form sub-genre to sub-genre is cool, but genre to genre hahaha fuck you. If you dont like something, cool, thats your thing, but you seriously cannot tell me you can listen to something that sounds like absolute shit to me, further more, if its not real music. Hardcore - is not a metal genre, lets just not talk about this ever again please.

respect, happy head banging - bang may metal be with you forever! bang
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Impressions of Metal    

Back to top Go down
 
Impressions of Metal
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Scandinavian Metal Praise
» paula abdul and metal? Straight up now tell me....
» Metal, Rock & Industrial Challenge #3: The Playlist
» Mr.Electric's "The White Metal Show"
» HERO's Challenge - Christian Rock & Metal Collage #2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metalnewcomers.com :: Community :: Metal & the scene-
Jump to: