Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
May 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
May 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
September 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
September 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
July 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
June 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
June 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
April 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
November 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin

EmmaMetal

DutchDarknessWithin

serbocop666

Masuramea

MacyMetal

tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

TheTNTee

segtuvs

Militaizi

Share | 

Steelwing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior

PostSubject: Steelwing   December 21st 2010, 11:26

Steelwing is a power / traditional metal band form sweden formed in 2009 and
has currently realesed one studio album.. i dont know what you think but i think theyre pretty good.. saw them live a couple of weeks ago and they blew me away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTNTee
Warrior
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Steelwing   December 29th 2010, 03:51

what should i say.... fucking great band.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Steelwing   December 29th 2010, 06:44

TheTNTee wrote:
what should i say.... fucking great band.

Glad you liked it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmmaMetal
Metal God
Metal God

PostSubject: Re: Steelwing   December 30th 2010, 00:43

They're indeed awesome, I love 'em!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Steelwing   December 30th 2010, 02:37

I haven't heard all of there songs, so my judgment may be a little premature. This band has a good vocalist, although their lyrics are not that great. So far the guitarist have not shown me any talent - very repetitive riffs, also drums are repetitive. These two songs don't sound the same but are very similar in style. For me power metal requires vocals which are more masculine, as i said they singer is good, and can sing, but its just not deep enough when he is is singing monotone - he can raise the pitch of his voice with control which is great.

Without the vocalist, this band fails. Solos are very simple, and the band is not unique to me in anyway, i guess they are trying to replicate manowar, but that's a long way away.

To me the vocals and guitars don't match, i just don't feel the fire in their music. Most of the riffs are no executed correctly or do not match the tone and intensity of the vocals. Probably one of the worst power metal bands i have heard so far.

I have to say though that the ending of that second song was just unbelievable, i have never heard someone scream like that, not even Rob Halford - raises some questions.

Thanks for sharing, always nice to listen to a new band, good or bad.
4/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Steelwing   December 30th 2010, 14:52

serbocop666 wrote:
I haven't heard all of there songs, so my judgment may be a little premature. This band has a good vocalist, although their lyrics are not that great. So far the guitarist have not shown me any talent - very repetitive riffs, also drums are repetitive. These two songs don't sound the same but are very similar in style. For me power metal requires vocals which are more masculine, as i said they singer is good, and can sing, but its just not deep enough when he is is singing monotone - he can raise the pitch of his voice with control which is great.

Without the vocalist, this band fails. Solos are very simple, and the band is not unique to me in anyway, i guess they are trying to replicate manowar, but that's a long way away.

To me the vocals and guitars don't match, i just don't feel the fire in their music. Most of the riffs are no executed correctly or do not match the tone and intensity of the vocals. Probably one of the worst power metal bands i have heard so far.

I have to say though that the ending of that second song was just unbelievable, i have never heard someone scream like that, not even Rob Halford - raises some questions.

Thanks for sharing, always nice to listen to a new band, good or bad.
4/10

i think they are going to get better over time, i think they are a great band but i do see room for improvment of course. Though i must say that they are really great and it was a blast seeing them on stage, i mean they have only played with each other for just about a year and they have already realesed one full length album that is really good.

but as you say the guitars needs some improvements, and maybe some lyrical improvements.

Im excited to see what this band can evolve to, and i think its gonna be great and im looking forward to what theyre gonna do next Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machine
Trve Poser
Trve Poser

PostSubject: Re: Steelwing   April 15th 2011, 00:20

More happy music. Sounds a bit like 80's metal (that first inst of the second song has a fairly involved bass line reminding me of Maiden). After many of the new bands I have heard and seen (myself and on the internetz) it's seems like the 80's are returning (Bullet, Chistian Sister, Skull Fist ect.). That last scream reminds me of Grim Reaper. Good stuff, but not something I would rush out and buy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.softboxmetal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelwing   

Back to top Go down

Steelwing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metalnewcomers.com :: Newcomer Bands :: Suggest a newcomerband-
Jump to: