Metalnewcomers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyMay 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyMay 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptySeptember 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyJuly 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyJune 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyApril 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyNovember 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyThe Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany I_voting_barThe Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany Empty 
EmmaMetal
The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyThe Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany I_voting_barThe Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany Empty 
DutchDarknessWithin
serbocop666
Masuramea
MacyMetal
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
TheTNTee
segtuvs
Militaizi

The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldsteen
Wannabe-Poser
Wannabe-Poser

The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany Empty
PostSubject: The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany   The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyFebruary 1st 2011, 05:25

Hey everybody, I'd like to suggest a very young Band from germany
which was formed in early 2008 I guess.

They are hardly not known outside their home city but have some nice tunes and an uncommon sound.

myspace.com/privateersbay - there are two Songs online on myspace.

And here are some live - Videos:

https://youtu.be/5qP48JLJ8Io

https://youtu.be/G9am3tag6TU

https://youtu.be/7jEbSKc0_pU
Back to top Go down
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany   The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyFebruary 1st 2011, 06:00

What else can i say...they are fucking awesome...the songs they have produced so far - are unbelievable.
Thank you so much for posting this.

Also, welcome to the forum Goldsteen. I hope you enjoy yourself here. We are a unique group, although not very active at the moment due to school and work, we enjoy each others company and you can feel welcome here.

Please take the time to introduce yourself, tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know each other as soon as possible.

https://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com/f2-introduce-yourself

bounce http://www.myspace.com/privateersbay/music bounce
Back to top Go down
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany   The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyFebruary 8th 2011, 09:27

Holy fucking cow....
that's one damn great suggestion Goldsteen ! Thank you very much dude!
Considering that they are Newcomers I'd give them a 9 outta 10, that's fucking much.
Their stuff is not perfect but pretty damn close.
The only thing i dislike pretty much is the "pirate metal" stuff. I think that's pretty nonsense. Even if the lyrics are pirate stuff inspired (i've no idea, I didn't check them) but the sound is just pretty fucking melodic death metal with some inspirations from power metal and folk metal. Pirate Metal is not a subgenre and it will never be. And by the way I'm really happy that they do no sound like Alestorm, 'cause I don't like 'em.

I'll probably support these guys very soon!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
https://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany   The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyFebruary 8th 2011, 14:43

Hahaha, Matt, you would be surprised at what kind of sub genres are out there. take this, "kindergarten metal" hahaha, pretty funny. Pirate metal i just some stupid genre some idiot thought of, just like Emma did with "Beer Metal"...omg...she heard vodka, and Korpiklanni's songs are liquor inspired, so she thought, "oh what the hell, lets call it beer metal.

lol. Pirate metal and Beer metal, and variations of Folk/viking/and power. But then again, who chooses the genres? Bands create them themselves, but only if their music is completely different and new. Maybe Pirate metal was inspired with the pirate-like vocals. Who knows. Ill try and find something on the net about it.
Back to top Go down
Goldsteen
Wannabe-Poser
Wannabe-Poser

PostSubject: Re: The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany   The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyFebruary 11th 2011, 14:25

I guess the: Piratemal Genre kinda comes from they'r Pirateclothing, they wear on Stage and some other tunes that are not produced yet but played on concerts

(they sound a bit more like Piratestuff but not like Alestorm though - I do'nt like them ether) and they'r gimick - They are treating the first Rows in front of the stage with rum usualy^^

By the way: I've heard from one of them that they are going to produce 3 more Songs in July in the same Studio were the others has been crafted. I'm really looking forword to it and I'm definitely going to buy they'r 5 Track mini Album when it comes out. I could post it in this forum when I get it if you want.
Back to top Go down
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany   The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 16:56

Hahaha i just noticed that the singer was poring something on someone. thats awesome lol. Im looking forward to their new songs too, they have alot of talent.
Back to top Go down
MrMetal
Wannabe-Poser
Wannabe-Poser

PostSubject: Re: The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany   The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany EmptyOctober 24th 2011, 00:29

The new Album is out now cheers
There are 2 new Songs on Myspace and Youtube Smile

www *dot* youtube *dot* com/watch?v=X0BJ086Z4vQ
www *dot* youtube *dot* com/watch?v=wMo5TT4VarI

Awsome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany   The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany Empty

Back to top Go down

The Privateer - Pirate/folkmetal from germany
Page 1 of 1