Metalnewcomers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyMay 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyMay 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptySeptember 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyJuly 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyJune 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyApril 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyNovember 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyHow can we promote Metal newcomers.com? I_voting_barHow can we promote Metal newcomers.com? Empty 
EmmaMetal
How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyHow can we promote Metal newcomers.com? I_voting_barHow can we promote Metal newcomers.com? Empty 
DutchDarknessWithin
serbocop666
Masuramea
MacyMetal
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
TheTNTee
segtuvs
Militaizi

How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? Empty
PostSubject: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyAugust 13th 2011, 01:42

Hello my friends,

I am writing this because this issue must be addressed and if you have had the opportunity to start your own band, you would know that your work is like an investment into a business. Not all succeed, but we the fans and metal enthusiasts are the ones who make these businesses grow.

I would like us to discuss some ideas, and i know that this forum has been inactive for some time now, but when you get a chance come and reply to this, tell everyone what you think, and what you can do.

When i joined this forum, it had about 45 likes on facebook and about 30 members, now both of those numbers have doubled since then. It is good to know that our main Admin is working hard on getting this site off the ground, and those of you who have been invited from youtube you would know that he is working hard.

My initial ideal of making some t-shirts and distributing them for free to metal fans, i think would not work. But i believe when going to any local gigs or concerts we could had out business cards or flyers.

If you have any other ideas, please post them here, it will help all of us, and definitely the forum too. Metal be with you! and PROMOTE PROMOTE PROMOTE!!!
Back to top Go down
HelsinkiSmashRod
Wannabe-Poser
Wannabe-Poser

PostSubject: Re: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 11:35

There are countless ways to promote or simply support a website. The best way of course is through word of mouth; tell your friends, mention website in comments (though only once per video, picture or article). You can also use psychological games.

Instead of making a comment like "please check out this really cool website" (which can make people think you're luring them into a virus), make a comment more along the lines of "I heard about this band from metalnewcomers.com LOL". Don't always sound like you're advertising something because people are more likely to trust a fan than a salesman.

It takes metal bands many years to reach superstardom and the same can be said for new websites.

Could I also suggest more flash and artwork to this website to make it more memorable? People are always looking for something that stands out from the rest!
Back to top Go down
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 15:25

Thanks for your reply HelsinkiSmashRod,

I tried contacting admin a few months ago, no reply and there is no one on this forum. Everyone just left, all at once. Then they give the same old bullshit excuses that they are too busy for this. I mean, how busy can you be? I am a full time student and i train 10 times per week for athletics. Not saying that i am special or anything like that, but seeing that you have already put some time into this forum and trying to promote, why not keep at it?

If you want to suggest anything for the forum, you can always make your own thread. take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Machine
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
Machine

PostSubject: Re: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyFebruary 13th 2012, 12:01

Facebook is a funny thing. I was trying to promote a gig we were playing at and "Facebook" said about 150 people were coming to the show. For our small town this was going to be an awesome turnout! I was very excited. About 20 people actually showed up. I don't beleive anything on facebook anymore. The 120 people that liked MetalNewComers found it easy enough to click on the like button, but too difficult to actually come here ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.softboxmetal.com
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyMarch 12th 2012, 16:14

Hahaha we think the same way. I dont know what to say, but admin is very busy, and it is very hard to start a website from scratch without having any decent funding and promotion, not to mention people power to get it off the ground.

There is only 3-4 of us still talking on here from month to month, so what else can we expect...
I bet half totally forgot about this site.
Back to top Go down
TheTNTee
Warrior
Warrior
TheTNTee

PostSubject: Re: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyJune 9th 2013, 12:10

Crap, i haven't been around for how long now? I can't even remember my latest posts, but i finally came back because The Metalnewcomers YoutubeChannel got closed down due copyright issiues. But appearently No one here seems to have recognized and the admin isn't even around ...

So hello, i am back, hopefully longer now.
Back to top Go down
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptyJuly 29th 2013, 05:25

Hey man, no one has been around much. I come around every few months to see whats going on, but the forum is not advertised much and there is much bigger competition out there.

Haven't heard from Matt at all and most of the active members left.

Hope you are doing good Smile
Back to top Go down
TheTNTee
Warrior
Warrior
TheTNTee

PostSubject: Re: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 07:26

I am doing just fine. The Forum has become a Desert Razz For me the last years were stressfull, had no time fooling around on that many sites, and I had forgotten about its existence in general. Maybe some holy, glory day this Forum will be revived.

Serbo, keep Headbanging, we will talk to each other in a few months again, i guess Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?   How can we promote Metal newcomers.com? Empty

Back to top Go down

How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
Page 1 of 1