Metalnewcomers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyMay 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyMay 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptySeptember 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyJuly 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyJune 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyApril 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyNovember 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyList of Traditional metalbands. I_voting_barList of Traditional metalbands. Empty 
EmmaMetal
List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyList of Traditional metalbands. I_voting_barList of Traditional metalbands. Empty 
DutchDarknessWithin
serbocop666
Masuramea
MacyMetal
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
TheTNTee
segtuvs
Militaizi

List of Traditional metalbands.

Go down 
+3
Mayhem
Machine
EmmaMetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EmmaMetal
Metal God
Metal God
EmmaMetal

List of Traditional metalbands. Empty
PostSubject: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyAugust 19th 2010, 06:23

Hi!
here's the list of Traditional metalbands. Let me know if I forgot one!

Armored saint
Avantasia
Axenstar

Black Sabbath

Celldweller

Darkmoor
Dream evil
Dragonforce
DIO

Gaia epicus
Grave digger

Highlord

Iron maidon

Kamelot
Katedra

ManOwar
Michael Angelo Batio

Pain
Pyramaze

Rainbow

Skid row
Soil
Sonata arctica
Steel dragon
Stratovarius

Vains of Jenna
Vision divine
Voivod

Keep rocking!

Last edited by EmmaMetal on December 28th 2010, 08:53; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Machine
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
Machine

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 18:33

Let me go through my cassette collection and I could probably add a few hundred more, although sadly most of them would now be defunct. My Favorates of the 80's era: Armored Saint, Loudness, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Helix, Kick Axe, Annihilator. I think I'm missing a few, but my cassettes are in storage and I haven't even looked at them for at least 2 years.

At some point I would like to compile a list of new bands that I return to listen to over and over.

Definately add Judas Priest the only band that (aside from thier last album) has only gotten heavier as they got older! If you ever check out the Rocka Rolla or Sad Wings of Destiny albums you will know what I mean (albums one and two respectively).

Oh btw I think most people would consider the Dead Kennedy's punk.

Back to top Go down
http://www.softboxmetal.com
EmmaMetal
Metal God
Metal God
EmmaMetal

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyAugust 24th 2010, 02:16

@Machine, you first need to make a thread on them okay Smile
Back to top Go down
Mayhem
Poser
Poser
Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 15:12

Avantasia are symphonic power, nowhere near trad metal. Manowar are debatable. Dragonforce have never been trad in their life, they're power, and terrible power at that. Uh.
Highlord are also power, as are Kamelot, Stratovarius, Axenstar, Darkmoor and Sonata Arctica. Voivod are thrash/prog. Dead Kennedys are like punk, aren't they? Soil aren't even.

Here, a small list.

Traditional Heavy Metal
Black Sabbath
Bruce Dickinson
Danzig
Deep Purple
Dio
Dokken
Halford
Heaven & Hell
Lizzy Borden
King Diamond
Krokus
Mercyful Fate
Ozzy Osbourne
Rainbow
Thin Lizzy
W.A.S.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/OhTheMetal
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptySeptember 16th 2010, 05:47

alright, you're right I guess.
But in this section we cover the traditional metal (heavy metal, hard rock, glam rock and stuff like that) and powermetal...probably not the best partition of the subgenres...
but who cares :-)
Back to top Go down
https://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
konadtm
Wannabe-Poser
Wannabe-Poser

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyDecember 27th 2010, 01:50

@EmmaMetal: when you say PowerMetal .. you say: Pantera
Back to top Go down
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyDecember 27th 2010, 02:38

You cant make a list of the bands under one genre, its just impossible, there are thousands of bands out there, not to mention that a lot of bands are a mixture of sub genres. Emma, why is this thread an announcement?

Not singling anyone out:

If you are going to post something - then make it good and worth our while to read it.
A lot of you are suffering from post syndrome, there is no fucking race to see who will be on top of the leader board, or who will have the most posts in general. Its just sad to see people posting shit like this thread. If someone was going to post an announcement, it would be admin ONLY.

Emma, sorry, but you really pissed me off this time with this half ass post. Not only did you have to edit it for some stupid reason 5 times, but we know what traditional metal bands are.
Now just to be a even bigger asshole. Ronnie James Dio is not a band, DIO is. Also, Dragonforce is not traditional metal. They are a bunch of faggots that play SPEED METAL, and stuff their leather pants with cotton wool to make their dicks look bigger.

Everyone think before you write!
Back to top Go down
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyDecember 27th 2010, 02:40

Machine wrote:

Oh btw I think most people would consider the Dead Kennedy's punk.

Save your fingers, its not worth it. Some people just dont know the difference between metal and not.
Back to top Go down
EmmaMetal
Metal God
Metal God
EmmaMetal

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyDecember 28th 2010, 08:55

serbocop666 wrote:
You cant make a list of the bands under one genre, its just impossible, there are thousands of bands out there, not to mention that a lot of bands are a mixture of sub genres. Emma, why is this thread an announcement?

Not singling anyone out:

If you are going to post something - then make it good and worth our while to read it.
A lot of you are suffering from post syndrome, there is no fucking race to see who will be on top of the leader board, or who will have the most posts in general. Its just sad to see people posting shit like this thread. If someone was going to post an announcement, it would be admin ONLY.

Emma, sorry, but you really pissed me off this time with this half ass post. Not only did you have to edit it for some stupid reason 5 times, but we know what traditional metal bands are.
Now just to be a even bigger asshole. Ronnie James Dio is not a band, DIO is. Also, Dragonforce is not traditional metal. They are a bunch of faggots that play SPEED METAL, and stuff their leather pants with cotton wool to make their dicks look bigger.

Everyone think before you write!
I'm just trying to make things easier here. It's to avoid that the same bands are posted twice, but again, if it's not appreciated, Than why the hell am I still doing this stuff? You can do it yourself you know, I'm still trying, some people don't.
Back to top Go down
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyDecember 30th 2010, 14:43

Now now dear metal fans, there is no need to argue.

And Emma i think youre doing a great job here at the forums
Back to top Go down
EmmaMetal
Metal God
Metal God
EmmaMetal

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. EmptyDecember 31st 2010, 04:23

tHE_Bizarre_jOKE wrote:
Now now dear metal fans, there is no need to argue.

And Emma i think youre doing a great job here at the forums
Thank you, that's very sweet of you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of Traditional metalbands.   List of Traditional metalbands. Empty

Back to top Go down

List of Traditional metalbands.
Page 1 of 1