Metalnewcomers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyMay 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyMay 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptySeptember 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyJuly 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyJune 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyApril 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyNovember 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyVoivod - Live in Tatsumaki I_voting_barVoivod - Live in Tatsumaki Empty 
EmmaMetal
Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyVoivod - Live in Tatsumaki I_voting_barVoivod - Live in Tatsumaki Empty 
DutchDarknessWithin
serbocop666
Masuramea
MacyMetal
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
TheTNTee
segtuvs
Militaizi

Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Machine
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
Machine

Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki Empty
PostSubject: Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki   Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 19:42

I have to admit this review is extremely biased as I am a huge Voivod fan. I was so excited to get this DVD in the mail as I knew nowhere near me would carry it (maybe they sell it in Quebec?). I also had to miss thier (prolly) farewell tour this last summer so I wanted to see this which would be, from the setlists I saw on the interent, a similar show. Snake's showmanship is kinda like Ozzy live, kinda boring but his voice is good and gruff. Being a bass player first, I did hear Blacky make a few mistakes, but how long did he lay down his bass before doing this gig? I love Blacky's blower bass sound, although it is not as distorted as it used to be. Away played awesome, but the MPV was Dan Mongrain. He had huge shoes to fill, it looks like he had played this material for years and was having fun with it headbanging and jumping around. For those that don't know Voivod's guitar player Denis D'amour died of colon cancer in 2005 and Dan Mongrain was asked to play guitar so Voivod could play live. The set list concentrated on the first 6 albums with one off of the new album. Unfortunately they didn't play anything from the Forrest era or anything off of The Outer Limits, but I guess it would be difficult to decide what songs you are going to fit into a limited amount of time. I really enjoyed the main show. The extras had 3 songs from a show in Montreal some stuff from Dave Grohl (from the Foo Fighters) talking about Voivod's role in his teenage years. Then the mocumentary (or parody) called Panorama:Seeking Voivod. Unfortunately I thought this was a real documentary and was VERY disappointed after sitting through all the subtitles (it is only in French). If I have known from the outset that this was a bit of a joke I think I would have really enjoyed it. Bottom line : Voivod lovers will love it, Haters will hate it and for the unconverted it will do nothing to sway your judgement. I would say this is for fans only or people who at least enjoyed the album Nothingface. Being a huge fan I say 4/5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.softboxmetal.com

Voivod - Live in Tatsumaki
Page 1 of 1