Metalnewcomers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
[important] News ! EmptyMay 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
[important] News ! EmptyMay 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
[important] News ! EmptySeptember 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
[important] News ! EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
[important] News ! EmptyJuly 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
[important] News ! EmptyJune 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
[important] News ! EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
[important] News ! EmptyApril 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
[important] News ! EmptyNovember 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin
[important] News ! Empty[important] News ! I_voting_bar[important] News ! Empty 
EmmaMetal
DutchDarknessWithin
serbocop666
Masuramea
MacyMetal
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
TheTNTee
segtuvs
Militaizi

[important] News !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 09:38

Hey guys

I spent a lot of time in planning the future of Metalnewcomers.com stuff like that.
And I'd like to let you know a pretty important step for the future and it would be great to get your feedback and what you think about it.
Well as you guys know the purpose of Metalnewcomers.com is to support newcomer Bands.
It's pretty hard to find the right way to really support bands. At the moment the bands are supported with spreading the word.
But to really support newcomer bands it's really necessary to think about financial aspects you know.
As a newcomer metal band it's really really hard to get an income with your music (some of you may know this situation). There are portals like itunes and amazon music and services like that. But all in all these sites are very crappy 'cause they do not support small newcomer bands they took too much profit of these bands. I nearly collapsed when i heard how much comission these services take, it's really a scandal. Next to that comission most of the services costs a huge monthly and annual fee to get your songs and albums up.
What I want to say: My and Metalnewcomers.com goal is to launch an online Shop for newcomer bands where they can sell their Albums digitally and they get ALL and I mean really ALL of the profit. 100% of it. 'Cause this is what the people want who buy the stuff, they want to support the band and not an online service or stuff like that.
Regarding that the fanbase of metalnewcomers.com doubled in only 3 weeks I really see some potential in this project.
I got a nice amount of messages of people who'd like to support the bands (but most of the bands only sell their albums not digitally and ppl do not want to pay alot for shipping). I think that it would be a nice way to support the bands with that online shop. It's a huge amount of work that I will have to do but I guess it would be worth it.
As a result of that change I will probably forward the domain metalnewcomers.com to the shop (and create a new domain for the forum, any suggestions? mnc-forum.com? ).

What do you think 'bout that?
Back to top Go down
https://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 12:01

That sounds like a really good idea, i mean it would be a great way to support ur beloved newcomer bands financially.

So yeah, were do i sign?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 12:05

:-)

great that this sounds good to you.
It would be pretty nice to make a Beta-Testing phase of the shop.
Where the shop got like 3 or 4 bands and their cd's and then we can look if anybody even is interested in buying and supporting the bands. If we only sell one cd a month it's probably not worth the hard work, but it's worth a try I guess.
Back to top Go down
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 12:12

yeah thats sounds like a plan. the whole idea is really great, but if no one buys the stuff then it dont work. but it would be awesome if it did
Back to top Go down
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 12:25

yeah true.
But I do not expect a lot of sold CD's or stuff like that, we gotta start small.
We're still growing...
Back to top Go down
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 12:36

Thats true, but i have hopes that this will work. its good both for newcomer bands to get cds sold to get money and to get more renown, and its good for ppl who like them to get a place to buy their cds and know that they get all the money. i mean i would buy the cds just because i know its for a good cause.

In my dreams metal newcomers have grown and have taken over the world Very Happy or at least the music industry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Masuramea
Viking
Viking

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 05:41

Sounds like an amazing plan!

Just a question though, have you emailed some of the bands we support and told them about this idea?
And if so, do they sound interested?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 11:59

No I haven't told anyone yet.
But I'll ask someone soon.

I just take my time to carefully think about the whole idea.
Cause there will be a lot of work to do for me.
I mean there is no way to connect each CD with a different banking account, this means I have to keep a "master" bank account and get all the incomings, then i have to transfer each bands part of the incomings. And if we really want support one Band a week, there will be like 50 Bands a year and that's just horrible load of work :-)
That's what makes me sceptial.
Back to top Go down
Masuramea
Viking
Viking

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 17th 2010, 01:12

hehe, yeah making models, implementing and working that out is quite a big engineering challenge.
If we can help please just ask Smile!
Back to top Go down
TheTNTee
Warrior
Warrior
TheTNTee

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 17th 2010, 08:56

Awsome plan Buuuuuut, look at our small Membercount, i think we must have more , many mor members. First i would make some kind of Album show, so you take links in where for example PersonXY can find a CD shop who sells, the CD, and later with more Members you can do what youve planed.

Bust its just a suggestion, I mean i bought a 'Dyrathor CD' from amazon, and its quite amazing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! EmptySeptember 17th 2010, 09:47

Yeah, I'll probably wait with that idea. Just because I'll be bretty busy the next few weeks, and as you said it's better to wait until our fanbase got bigger.
Even though I would not say that our fanbase is small. Not the number of users in this forum is our fanbase, it is the number of "users" of the youtube channel And there I got like 1700 friends and 420 Subscribers, that's not that bad. Smile But yeah, I'll probably check this plan again later when I got more time and a bigger fanbase Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[important] News ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: [important] News !   [important] News ! Empty

Back to top Go down

[important] News !
Page 1 of 1