Metalnewcomers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
What is real music? EmptyMay 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
What is real music? EmptyMay 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
What is real music? EmptySeptember 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
What is real music? EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
What is real music? EmptyJuly 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
What is real music? EmptyJune 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
What is real music? EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
What is real music? EmptyApril 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
What is real music? EmptyNovember 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin
What is real music? EmptyWhat is real music? I_voting_barWhat is real music? Empty 
EmmaMetal
What is real music? EmptyWhat is real music? I_voting_barWhat is real music? Empty 
DutchDarknessWithin
serbocop666
Masuramea
MacyMetal
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
TheTNTee
segtuvs
Militaizi

What is real music?

Go down 
+4
Masuramea
Admin
Militaizi
serbocop666
8 posters

For music to be music does it require instruments(real)?
Yes
What is real music? Empty67%What is real music? Empty
 67% [ 6 ]
No
What is real music? Empty11%What is real music? Empty
 11% [ 1 ]
I'm not sure
What is real music? Empty22%What is real music? Empty
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

What is real music? Empty
PostSubject: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 16th 2010, 23:00

Just wanted to know your opinion on what you think real music is.

....or just some criteria that will categorize real from fake shit.

I would say that for music to be real, it has to be purely made from talent or skill. It has to involve instruments.
For me, a DJ is not a musician - no skill is required and it is for low life wogs.

So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Militaizi
Warrior
Warrior
Militaizi

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 04:32

Yes, they do need some real instruments like guitarr.

But I still listen to some electric music like psy/goa trance (Mostly when I'm drunk because... well it can't be explained but it gives to music somekinda like a new dimension. And btw. goa trance sounds pretty much like metal, just no singing and guitarr Sad ) and electric rock.

I respect most of music that is either made by real instruments but I have always loved to hear some more complicated music like metal mixed with electric instruments (like Blood stain child), folk instruments or "melodic instruments".

I know you don't understand this well enough, because I'm in pretty bad hangover today.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 06:25

Well, that's really hard to say.

For me it's just too simple to say: Real music has real instruments.
That's just not true.
Of course I really don't like that electronical stuff.
The only ones that I would not consider as musicians are DJ's. 'cause they do not do music they just mix it somehow. That's really not what a musician does. I once read an interview with a very well known DJ and he kinda said that he has no idea 'bout music he's not able to read notes are anything like that. But at least he did explicitly say that he does not consider dj's to be musicians.
However, The electronical stuff is music. That's not a questions thats a fact. Even producing such a electronical song needs a well musically educated ear and some badass knowledge 'bout music theory. That's for sure.
If I had to call one genre "not music" I would probably say that it is Rap. 'cause it mostly consists only of a beat and some speaking-vocals. But I respect Rap, I have nothing against it. And all in all even Rap is music I guess.

That's all very subjective.

And somehow I'm afraid that your question leads people to show their disrespect for some genres. You even got me doing that ;-)
Back to top Go down
https://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 17th 2010, 23:17

Admin wrote:
And somehow I'm afraid that your question leads people to show their disrespect for some genres. You even got me doing that ;-)

Its funny you say that, because i really dont give two shits about any other genre apart form metal, rock, classic, and jazz. All i want to do is separate the real from the bad and get your opinions on what you think real music is...

By electronic music you must mean electronica...thats umm,...lets just no comment on anything before i confirm what it actual is... is this it?

Militaizi wrote:

I guess we all listen to stupid shit when we are high or drunk. But equilibrium always gives you a rise, well thats just me...or even man0war.

Back to top Go down
Masuramea
Viking
Viking

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 05:24

There are some electronic bands i listen too; not techno or anything in that sort, but sometimes it can be nice.
Bands like vnv nation; its more the lyrics i like than the instruments and such, but i would consider that music too.
Back to top Go down
Militaizi
Warrior
Warrior
Militaizi

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 18th 2010, 10:31

serbocop666 wrote:
By electronic music you must mean electronica...thats umm,...lets just no comment on anything before i confirm what it actual is... is this it?

If that question was for me I'm afraid I must say no. That's horrible to listen, sorry.

But lets not give the genre's name so much attention, I can explain what I mean with electronic rock; with term " Electronic rock/metal I mean music, where into hard rock is mixed with "machine music" elements, especially melodically rising and lowering sounds as well as usually repeating synthesizer sounds to create ambiency.

I meant music like this : (I know you probably don't like this, so I did actually think 2 seconds will I put this song here.)

anb btw. This music is influenced by metal (and psytrance.)
Back to top Go down
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 19th 2010, 05:11

obviously thats not music...lets just refer to it as noise that is catchy....even though i dont listen to it...but seriously you must be on exatacy if you were listening to that...after all, all the people (majority) just pop pills at those trance festivals... Last year at "Trance", the festival, 40 OD'd....so who are we kidding here? these dickhead have no taste in music at all...now dont go telling me they do....

In the other thread i said the we should all respect everyone's opinions, thats if they respect ours,...but this is my side behind this line...and there is a limit for sure...

-------------------

this is theres...

and fuck them, because they cant enjoy their "music" without stimulants...what fucking spastics seriously,...low lifes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Metal Master
Metal Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 19th 2010, 09:40

Well no, with "electronic music" i meant genres like techno, trance, house and all that stuff thats mostly done on the computer and without many instruments.

By the way, i do like a lot of non-metal genres.
But i do not like that techno stuff... or trance or stuff like that...
Back to top Go down
https://metalnewcomers.forumotion.com
EmmaMetal
Metal God
Metal God
EmmaMetal

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyOctober 19th 2010, 10:32

Well, imo I think this music sounds not real and you can say what you want, they can give solos as well but it's not cool if you can't headbang to a REAL GUITAR solo.
My opinion eh Smile
Back to top Go down
Machine
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
Machine

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyNovember 4th 2010, 16:15

Just because you dislike something does not mean it is not music. I REALLY dislike SunO))) but apparently it is music. Also you cannot overdose from pure MDMA, this is media propaganda (making sure you become good workers and good consumers). You CAN die from dehydration, or overdose on the many things drug dealers mix with MDMA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.softboxmetal.com
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyNovember 11th 2010, 12:59

to me music is music and metal is the only music that matters.. Very Happy there you have it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheTNTee
Warrior
Warrior
TheTNTee

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? EmptyNovember 15th 2010, 09:36

i just have to sound good, i mean, if someone creats something awesome only with his computer, i cant stp lsten, just because hes not talented enough to play an instroument. But live, you fucking have to play real instrouments!! I was angry, when i heard, that Equilibrium jut plays the guitars and sings, and the rest comes out of a kind of box.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is real music?   What is real music? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is real music?
Page 1 of 1