Metalnewcomers.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» welcometothedarkside.org
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyMay 25th 2015, 21:28 by tshearn

» Introductions
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyMay 18th 2015, 17:15 by tshearn

» Eryn Non Dae. (Toulouse)-Metal Blade Records
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 29th 2013, 13:17 by Franael

» How can we promote Metal newcomers.com?
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 20th 2013, 07:26 by TheTNTee

» Be'laktor
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyJuly 29th 2013, 05:28 by serbocop666

» Saille - Symphonic Black Metal - CD out now !
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyJune 5th 2013, 07:15 by Saille

» Haiduk - Spellbook
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyJune 3rd 2013, 13:19 by haiduk

» Eryn Non Dae. (France)-Metal Blade Records
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyApril 14th 2013, 14:37 by Franael

» Celtachor New Album "Nine Waves From The Shore"
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyNovember 19th 2012, 06:58 by SamhainPromotions

Top posters
Admin
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySonata Arctica; Power Metal I_voting_barSonata Arctica; Power Metal Empty 
EmmaMetal
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySonata Arctica; Power Metal I_voting_barSonata Arctica; Power Metal Empty 
DutchDarknessWithin
serbocop666
Masuramea
MacyMetal
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
TheTNTee
segtuvs
Militaizi

Sonata Arctica; Power Metal

Go down 
+2
DutchDarknessWithin
EmmaMetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EmmaMetal
Metal God
Metal God
EmmaMetal

Sonata Arctica; Power Metal Empty
PostSubject: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyJune 5th 2010, 02:22

I like this band pretty much, they have something special, the vocals (personally) I think aren't that well.

They are from Finland and formed in 1999.
Current line-up;
Tony Kakko - Vocals, Keyboards
Elias Viljanen - Guitar
Marko Paasikoski - Bass
Henrik "Lance" Klingenberg - Keyboards
Tommy Portimo - Drums

They have 6 CD's, 2 live-albums and 14 singles (!)
My favorite song is Victoria's secret.

I'd give these guys an 8/10.
Enjoy!
Sonata Arctica; Power Metal 192_logo

Flag in the ground --> Here I don't like the vocals that much.

Victoaria's secret --> This song's intro gives me such a winter-feeling ♥️

Kingdom for a heart.

Cheers & don't forget to rate!!

Last edited by EmmaMetal on June 6th 2010, 02:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DutchDarknessWithin
Metal King
Metal King
DutchDarknessWithin

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyJune 5th 2010, 18:35

Victoria's Secret = 8.5/10. Sonata generally 8/10. They are like awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001090219207&a
Feniel
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
Feniel

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 23:20

sonata is amaizing band imo personal fav is victorias secret check out the live accoustic version its amazing Very Happy only complaint about them is they really have about them is even though there live performances are epic they really prolong there outro and phone in last song or 2 other then that i listen to them everyday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=866760082
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 08:16

I have grown up with sonata so yes i like them.. ALOT... in fact i liked them so much that i went to Finland last year and saw them in their hometown "Kemi", they showed very much energy on stage and it was a total blast seing them.
Back to top Go down
Feniel
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
Feniel

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 10:02

tHE_Bizarre_jOKE wrote:
I have grown up with sonata so yes i like them.. ALOT... in fact i liked them so much that i went to Finland last year and saw them in their hometown "Kemi", they showed very much energy on stage and it was a total blast seing them.

I would love to see sonata in finland i imaqgine the show would be full of epicness Cool
Back to top Go down
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 10:03

Feniel wrote:

I would love to see sonata in finland i imaqgine the show would be full of epicness Cool

It was awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feniel
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
Feniel

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 10:06

i bet it was they were very goood whyen i saw them live cept the seemingly 10 minute long outro they had
Back to top Go down
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE
Warrior
Warrior
tHE_Bizarre_jOKE

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 10:09

kinda liked the outro, gave me some time to breath Very Happy .. the only thing that kinda sucked about seing them in finland was that they talked in finnish very much, and i dont understand the language, but it was totally worth it Very Happy

this song is also very epic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feniel
Trve Poser
Trve Poser
Feniel

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptySeptember 7th 2010, 10:13

here they were they were opening for shittyforce but normally most bands have a 2-3 min outro elias looked like he wanted to get hell off stage during last song lol
but i dont blame them it was a tiny crowd with far too many 10 yo failforce fans even for my liking

best song they played that night imo was dont say a word tony was running around the stage fll of energy and had the real metalfans going
Back to top Go down
serbocop666
Professional Headbanger
Professional Headbanger
serbocop666

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyOctober 8th 2010, 05:02

I like their melody, but the vocals are too feminine - they remind me of dragonforce and helloween.

Overall i would give them 7/10...i never really listened to them. I only heard a couple of songs when i was a kid ...I want out, and there was another one.

Sorry to be a prick on this forum about genres, but these guys are too fast and the vocals are not masculine/power like, enough to be power metal...i would say these guys are progressive speed metal. they are averaging 450bpm on all three songs, if not more,... at one stage they go to 550...

test out the bpm yourselves and tell me what you think and what you are getting -- i was listening to the bass drum, and the double kick sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
Masuramea
Viking
Viking

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal EmptyOctober 8th 2010, 06:41

Love Sonata arctica!
They are awesome live.

Tony's vocals fit really well with the overal music, listen too 100 random singers and u'll be able to pick him out without hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonata Arctica; Power Metal   Sonata Arctica; Power Metal Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonata Arctica; Power Metal
Page 1 of 1